Tara McPherson's Space Friends (May 11, 2009)


Greetings Earthlings! Pastel Punk illustrator Tara McPherson has teamed up with Kidrobot to make a cute mini series called Gamma Mutant Space Friends. They landed on Earth just a few weeks ago. The series includes 10 figures and 2 chases that come blind-boxed.

I'm a big fan of Tara McPherson's work, so I was very excited to meet her and purchase some of her toys at her signing here in Toronto, at Narwal Art Projects last Friday.

Most of Tara's work have a space theme to them. She majored in Astrophysics and was Vice President of her Astronomy club. She's a hot nerd!
Here's a cool space track that I feel works with Tara's art called "A fun beat from outer space" byRonald Jenkees. He's quite interesting and Ah-mazing on the keyboard!

Secretly, I want to shrink him and put him on my shelf with the rest of my toys. Shhh...don't tell him. LOL

Check him out!




tara-and-i2

No comments:

Post a Comment